This is my 2nd go at the 10-in-10. Last time (was it 2 years ago?) I started from 168Lb and managed to drop around 8Lb by the end. This time, I'm slightly heavier, having very gradually increased weight back up to 165, and then completely binging out over Christmas to a nice rotund 169Lb. At a shade over 5"6' tall, this gives me a BMI of 27.3. Losing 10Lb would take me to a BMI of 25.7. Another 5Lb would then take me into so-called "normal weight" range. But that's not going to happen in the next 10 weeks!
My plan is:
- Restart running. I've had a long layoff due to an achilles injury. I'm done with physio and have got some cold weather running gear in.
- Stop eating crisps (=potato chips), biscuits (=cookies) and chocolate.
- Eat smaller portions for meals.
- Cut down on bread.
- If I must snack, snack on fruit.
- Look at other areas of my diet, particularly from week 5 onwards when we've got through the easy Lbs.
I'll also try to follow Frank's ideas of drinking more water and not eating at all after 7pm.
One thing that I found last time was that, unsuprisingly, I did get hungry from time to time. However, I saw this as a positive thing. It isn't all bad and its probably good to spend a couple of hours in the day feeling hungry. Not giddy from hunger, that would be a bad thing!
Best wishes and good luck to all.